This Website at www.amttravel.com and any subsidiary sites (the “Website”) is owned by AMT, an American Express Travel Representative (“we”, “us”) and is provided for residents of the United States of America only. By purchasing travel services, including but in not limited to air, hotel, car, tours, cruise, trains, and registering and/or using this Website, You agree to the following terms, rules and regulations without limitation or qualification (“Terms and Conditions”). We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions. You are bound by such revisions and should therefore periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
1. Travel Information
- Our Website displays information about travel locations, airfares, travel agents locations, flight times and dates, tours, packages, insurance, cruises, transportation, foreign currency, schedules, travel companies and many other things.
- The details of the prices, packages, tours, flights and other information displayed on the Website are subject to change without notice. The travel products and services described on the Website are subject to availability.
- It should be noted that all documents issued to travelers are non – transferable. Such documents may include but are not limited to, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers, or any other document used to confirm an arrangement with a Service Provider. Such documents may also be subject to conditions such as, but not limited to, being non – refundable, non – date – changeable and subject to cancellation or amendment fees. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these conditions.
- If for any reason, any Service Provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that Service Provider, and not against us. In the event we received payment by Credit Card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback or recover your payment or any other losses from us.
- You are responsible for obtaining all passports, visa and health information required.
- Special conditions may apply to the prices set out on the Website. To determine such conditions, you must contact us or the relevant Service Provider. Air only prices do not include government imposed taxes, charges, and fees, including a September 11th Security Fee of up to $10. The total amount of taxes, charges, and fees will vary based on your itinerary and flight routing.
- In most cases, deposits are nonrefundable. Additional penalties may apply to a cancellation after deposit.
- In most cases, reservations are completely non-changeable and non-refundable after final payment. In cases in which this is not so, additional penalties and fee may apply.
- Many of the problems for which we cannot be held responsible for can be insured against. We highly recommend that you take out insurance to provide adequate coverage for medical expenses, personal accident, loss of baggage and curtailment or cancellation of trip. Individuals are responsible to finance on the spot medical treatment and other contingencies, and then to reclaim this from insurance, if covered. You will be required to provide documentation to the insurance company to facilitate a claim. Please note that there are exclusions to coverage of insurance. It is your responsibility to be familiar with the insurance coverage purchased through our service providers and ensure that the coverage meets your travel needs. Insurance must be purchased and paid for in full as soon as the booking is made to become fully effective.
5. Special Requests
- Should you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of the booking and clearly note it on booking. We will endeavor to pass any reasonable requests to the Service Provider; however, we regret that we cannot guarantee that your special request will be fulfilled. Failure to meet any special request does not signify a breach of contract on our part. We also regret that we cannot accept conditional bookings, ones that are specified to be conditional on the special request or fulfillment. All such bookings will be considered a “regular” booking with a provision of the possible accommodation of the special request.
6. Tickets and Timings
- All reference to departure times on our Websites, emailed quotes, itineraries or documents are for your guidance and are subject by amendment by the wholesalers and/or suppliers prior to actual booking. It isn’t until full payment has been made and you are ticketed that the departure times are set. You must check your itinerary on each stage of the completion of the booking to ensure that you have the correct flight times. It is possible that flight times will change even after tickets have been issued due to third party service provider’s changes, and thus releasing us of any and all liabilities. In such cases you will be advised of changes prior to departure, provided the personal information you provided us is correct and up to date.
7. Your Responsibilities
- It is your responsibility to review all quotes, itineraries, documents, and any written confirmation from our agency, agents, employees and offices for correct dates, times, hotels, and classes of service or categories and to notify us of any issues or inconsistencies within the first 24 hours of the information being sent.
- It is your responsibility to review all names, first, middle and last, and that they are the correct names, and appear on any and all documentation we have as they appear on your passport. Any problems, conflicts, issues, inconsistencies, etc. must be brought to the attention of your travel agent within 24 hours of receiving digital or written confirmations.
- Any issues brought to our attention after 24 hours of initial booking will result in fees, penalties, and additional delay of travel. We are not responsible for any issues or inconsistencies not brought to our attention within 24 hours of the booking and deposit.
- You are responsible for procuring any needed citizenship documentation including but not limited to passports, visas and other forms of identification. Due to the constantly changing laws, it is your responsibility to visit the US State Department’s Travel website (http://www.state.gov/ ) to confirm any visa requirements or travel restrictions.
- Our fees are corporately mandated as follows, and are minimum fees that are not limited and are due upfront, before any services or research begins:
- Customized Vacation Planning Up To 10 hours worth of consulting and research: $250
- Enroute Changes: $75 per change
- Tour or Cruise Cancellation before final payment: $25 per person
- Cancellation or changes made after final payment: $50 per person
- Last Minute bookings, changes, and/or cancellations 7 days or less prior to departure: $100 per person
- Honeymoon Registry Deposit, non-refundable and applied to final payment of honeymoon booking: $250
- Destination Wedding Deposit, non-refundable and applied to final payment of destination wedding booking: $250
- Group Planning non-refundable deposit to be used at final payment: $250
- Airline Tickets Issued: $35 per ticket
- Pay with Points Air: $50 per ticket
- Ticket Changes, including refunds, exchanges, reissue, upgrades and other special services $25 per ticket
- Frequent Flier Research: $100-$200 based on complexity per ticket
- Air only multi segment tickets issued: $48
- Cars and/or hotels not booked with a preferred supplier: $35 per service/stay/car
- Cars and/or hotels booked direct, non-preferred supplier: $50
- Theater, concerts, special events, shoes, amusement park, attractions, sightseeing, and dinner reservations: $50 each
- Express Mail Shipping and Handling domestic only: starting at $25
- Certified Mail domestic: $15
- Visa Processing Assistance: $50
9. Intellectual Property
- All software, design, textual, graphical and other content created by or for us, comprised and appearing on this Website and the selection and layout of this Website, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by US Intellectual Property Laws. We own the copyright in the Website as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content. Republication or citation of any content generated by the Website without our written consent is expressly prohibited. This Website may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. You may view and electronically copy the pages of this Website in the usual operation of your web browser in visiting this Website, but for no other purpose. Any other use of the material contained on this Website, such as copying, distributing, selling, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting or publishing is strictly prohibited, without our specific written permission. Unauthorized use of materials from our site will not only breach this agreement, but may violate copyright and other laws. Certain trademarks, service marks, business names, company names, logos, trade names and get up (trade dress) used on this Website are owned by us, the Service Providers or our licensors. You do not have any right or license to use them.
- We may link our Website to other sites on the Web. These links are provided for your convenience only and we make no warranties or representations whatsoever regarding any other Website, which you may access through this Website. It does not mean that we have looked at these sites or that we have checked them out. We are not responsible for the content of other websites, even if we link to them. We are not recommending these websites or their products or services to you. If you suffer any loss or damage from visiting another’s website or using another’s product or service, we are not liable.
11. Measurement of Usage
- You can use this Website to communicate with us. This Website also includes a list of other ways to communicate with us. It is our policy not to accept information that is confidential or proprietary, other than travel arrangements and bookings. If you do not want to lose confidentiality in your material, do not submit it via this Website, email it or send it to us.
13. Your Use of Website
You agree not to copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, distribute, transmit, reverse engineer, frame, decompile or dissemble any aspect of our Website. You must use this site in a responsible and co-operative manner.
You must not:
•make any fraudulent, speculative or false enquiries, bookings, reservations or requests using this Website;
•use another’s name, ID or password without permission;
•use the Website while impersonating another person;
•post or transmit to or via the Website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
•tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorized modifications to the Website;
•delete data from the Website without our permission;
•knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the Website;
•breach any third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to third parties) or infringe any laws in using this Website;
•frame this Website as part of another site or cache this Website for commercial benefit;
•attempt to do any of the above acts;
•Knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
In addition, you will agree not to:
•access, copy, or monitor any information or content of this Website using robot, scraper, spider, or other methods of automation or manual processes for any purpose without our express written consent;
•violate the restrictions of any robot exclusionary header on this Website or bypass any other measures in deterring or limiting access;
•deep – link to or with any portion of the Website without our express written consent;
•Impose or attempt to impose a disproportionately large load on the Website infrastructure.
14. Your Warranties
You warrant that:
•you are of sufficient legal age to use this Website and create legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using this Website;
•you are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of this Website by you and those using this Website using your ID and password;
•you agree to supervise all usage of this Website by minors under your name or account;
•you agree that the travel service reservations facilities of this Website shall be used only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or another person for whom you are legally authorized to act;
•You understand that overuse or abuse of the travel services reservation facilities of this Website may result in you being denied access to such facilities.
You indemnify us and our affiliates, officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from:
- any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you;
- any act or omission by you or an officer, employee or agent of you;
- Any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a third party against us or our officers, employees or agents caused or contributed to by you or an employee or agent of you.
- Any act or omission by our officer, employee or agent
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE OR COMPLETE, NOR THAT IT DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. WE ARE PROVIDING THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED AND SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE OR WILL COMPLY WITH ANY DESCRIPTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE OR SAMPLES.
We do not represent or warrant that this Website, the server that makes it available or any of our products or services supplied through this Website will be free of errors, viruses or defects. Your access and use of this Website is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not warrant that this Website or the products and services offered via this Website will meet your requirements or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely. We will use our best endeavors to make this Website secure and have implemented technology for this purpose. However, because of the nature of the internet, we do not warrant that this Website will be secure.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU RELEASE US FROM ALL LIABILITY, COST, DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF THE SUPPLY OR FAILURE TO SUPPLY OR USE OR NON-USE OF THE THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives will be liable in damages or otherwise in connection with your use of or inability to access this Website or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via this Website or any breach of any warranties that may be implied by law. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties. In the event that our Website fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund any money that you paid to us to use this Website.
IF APPLICABLE, HOTEL RATINGS STATED ON THIS WEBSITE (WITHOUT LIMITATION INCLUDES PHOTOGRAPHS, LIST OF HOTEL AMENITIES, DESCRIPTIONS OF PROPERTY, ETC.) ARE PROVIDED BY THE RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS. THESE HOTEL RATINGS ARE GENERAL GUIDELINES AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THEIR ACCURACY. THEY ARE TO BE USED AS A GENERAL GUIDE AND THE RATINGS AND HOTEL INFORMATION MAY BE AMENDED PERIODICALLY BY THE RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS TO KEEP CURRENT.
ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS, HOTELS, AIRLINE CARRIERS, ETC. PROVIDING TRAVEL AND OTHER SERVICES TO US, ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, NOT OUR AFFILIATED OR AGENTS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, ERRORS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, PERSONALL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM SERVICE PROVIDERS. WE HAVE NO LIABILITY AND WILL NOT REFUND DUE TO AN EVENT DUE TO DELAY, CANCELLATION, OVERBOOKING, STRIKE, FORCE MAJEURE, TERRORISM, AND ANY OTHER CAUSES THAT IS BEYOND OUR DIRECT CONTROL. WE HAVE NO CONTROL AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, DELAYS, OMISSIONS, RE-ROUTING, OR OF ACTS OF INTEREFERENCE BY THE GOVERNMENT OR LEGAL AUTHORITIES.
17. Governing Law
To the maximum extent permitted by law, these Terms and Conditions and your use of the Website are governed by the laws of State of California. You hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction and venue courts in the State of California in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Website and these Terms and Conditions.
Except as otherwise specified, we may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you by posting amended Terms and Conditions on our Website. The amended Terms and Conditions will take effect immediately when they are posted on our Website.
We may terminate Terms and Conditions, and any other agreement between us, immediately if you breach any of these Terms and Conditions.
20. Our Relationship
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended to be created between you and us by these Terms and Conditions.
•If any of these Terms and Conditions is in invalid or unenforceable, it will be struck out, and the remaining terms will remain in force.
•Headings are for reference purposes only.
•If we do not act in relation to a breach by you or others of these Terms and Conditions, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
•In these Terms and Conditions, the term “Website” includes any email bulletins or other content that we provide to you via or initiated from this Website.
•These Terms and Conditions were last updated 12 June 2010.