Things to do in Sonoma:
- Sonoma State Park: Including the Barracks and the San Francisco Solano Mission
- Boutique Shopping: Check out the Vintage 5 and dime!
- Wine Stores and gifts
- Antiquing: Several shops offer a wide selection of antiques
- Wine Lounges and Bars for tasting: Sage Fine Foods, Ledson Harmony Lodge
- Sonoma Cheese Factory: Go cheese tasting!
- Spa at the Fairmont Sonoma is world famous. About THE SPA: For hundreds of years, ancient thermal mineral waters have graced this site. First revered by Native American and early settlers as a bathing ground, the springs gained popularity among San Franciscans in the 1840s, when a bathhouse emerged to shelter the restorative waters. Generations of travelers have visited this site through the years to ‘take the waters’ and witness its transformation from a rustic bathhouse to a new elegant Spanish-Mission style Inn in 1927.
- Platypus Sonoma Wine Tours WINNER, “Best Wine Country Tour Service” 2010 Best of Sonoma Valley: A Platypus Sonoma Wine Tour is a wine tasting adventure to remember! The emphasis is on having fun, in convivial settings away from the mega-touristy wineries. Each tour runs daily from approximately 10:30am to 4:30pm. Our attention is turned toward the smaller, off-the-beaten-track wineries and historic family-operated wineries. Each Sonoma wine tour group will visit four or more enchanting wineries and enjoy a wonderful picnic lunch. Website: http://www.platypustours.com/
- An itinerary of wonderful little wineries crafted by your driver.
- Safe and comfortable transportation to said wineries.
- A shared cheese & cracker nosh platter.
- A very charming and tasty picnic lunch, set up for you at one of the wineries.
- Ample chilled, bottled water served aboard the vehicle and at lunch.
- Lively commentary, colorful history and pertinent information provided by your humble driver.
Cafe La Haye: 140 E Napa St, Sonoma, CA 95476, 707-935-5994
Located in downtown. Menu: http://cafelahaye.com/index.php?_page=menu
LaSalette Restaurant: 452 First Street East, Suite H, Sonoma, CA 95476, (707) 938-1927
Located in Downtown Menu: Dinner Menu
Mamma Tanino’s Ristorante: 500 W Napa St Suite 512 Sonoma, CA 95476, (707) 933-8826
Located a few blocks away from downtown.
The Girl and the Fig, 110 West Spain Street Sonoma, CA. 95476.
707.938.3634 Menu: https://www.thegirlandthefig.com/menu
Harvest Moon 487 1st Street West Sonoma, CA 95476-6608 (707) 933-8160 http://harvestmooncafesonoma.com/
Things to do in Napa:
- Napa Valley Wine Train is a fun and unique way to see the valley
- Hot Air Ballooning above the Napa Region has become one of the most iconic ways to see this region. The best in Napa is Balloons Above the Valley: http://www.balloonrides.com/
- Safari West animal sanctuary brings Africa to you. See animals up close and personal. http://www.safariwest.com/
- Napa is also famous for some of the oldest and best preserved architecture in California outside of San Francisco. Downtown Napa Historic Walking Tour Maps can be picked up at the Napa Downtown Association at 1556 First Street, Suite 102, or at the Napa Convention and Visitors Bureau at 1310 Napa Town Center
- See Napa via bike! Get scenery, excersise, and wine with Napa Valley Bike Tours http://www.napavalleybiketours.com/
- The Hess collection, a beautiful and historic winery close to downtown, with excellent wine, amazing views and great art. A perfect introduction to Napa! For dinner, reservations are required. The Hess Collection, 4411 Redwood Road Napa, CA 94558 (707) 255-1144 http://www.hesscollection.com/
- Vintner’s Collective is a great place to shop and taste wineries that may not have their own tasting rooms or open wineries. https://www.vintnerscollective.com/ 1245 Main St. Napa CA 94559 (707) 255-7150
- Napa is full of great antique shops, so keep an eye out for a bargain!
1026 1st St, Napa, CA 94559
(707) 254-8006 www.ristoranteallegria.com
975 1st Street, Napa, CA 94559 707-226-3976
The Boon Fly Cafe – The Carneros Inn
4048 Sonoma Highway Napa, CA 94559 http://www.theboonflycafe.com
1314 McKinstry Street, Napa, CA 94559 http://www.latoque.com
Uva Trattoria – Napa
1040 Clinton Street, Napa, CA 94559 (707) 255-6646
1001 Second St. Napa, 707-224-0607