2. How do I know if my Card is eligible to use Membership Rewards Pay with Points? You must use an American Express Card in good standing that is enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. You must also be the basic Cardmember of the Membership Rewards account.
3. How can I use Membership Rewards Pay with Points toward my travel booking? 1. Search for a flight, Lowest Rates Guaranteed hotel, Complete Trip package (Flight + Hotel), cruise or vacations. 2.Then call your travel professional at AMT American Express . (800-999-2599)
4. Are there any blackout dates or restrictions when I use Membership Rewards Pay with Points towards my travel itinerary? No. Eligible Membership Rewards enrollees can use Pay with Points toward any flight, Lowest Rates Guaranteed hotel stay, Complete Trip package (Flight + Hotel), cruise, or vacation itinerary available on the AMT, an American Express Travel Representative site. AMTTRAVEL.COM
5. In the past, I have redeemed Membership Rewards points for frequent flyer miles with Membership Rewards partner airlines. How is Pay with Points different?
- You still have the ability to redeem points with our travel partners, either by transferring Membership Rewards points into linked frequent flyer or frequent guest accounts, or by redeeming points for travel certificates. For more information, please visit membershiprewards.com or call 1-800-999-2599
- On the American Express Travel site, you can use Pay with Points to fly any airline without blackout dates or restrictions. The number of points needed for the redemption will vary based on the cost of travel selected. Calling AMT AMERICAN EXPRESS is a fast and easy to handle all you travel needs.
6. Can I use Pay with Points toward my travel booking with American Express Travel by phone? Yes just call us at 1-800-999-2599. To use Pay with Points toward your travel itinerary, you must book your trip ant time.
7. Are any airlines unavailable on the American Express Travel site? Yes South West Airlines is not in are program.
8. When will I see how many points I need to redeem toward my travel booking? After selecting your travel itinerary and logging in to your American Express Card account with an eligible Card, you will be told the number of points needed for your travel booking.
9. Is there a fee for using Pay with Points for my travel booking on the American Express Travel site? No. There is no fee specifically for using Pay with Points, but there is a service charge for any airline tickets purchased online at the American Express Travel .
10. How do I book a Flight + Hotel (Complete Trip package) using Pay with Points? By calling us today.
11. How do I know how many points I will need for my travel booking? After selecting your travel itinerary and calling in to your AMT American Express to check eligibility, you will be told the number of points needed for your travel booking.
12. How will the charges appear on my monthly American Express Card statement? The charge for your full travel booking will appear on your American Express Card account. A credit will appear to offset the amount of the booking covered with points. Membership Rewards points that are redeemed will be automatically and permanently deducted from your Membership Rewards account.
13. Can I have points returned to my account after I have used Membership Rewards Pay with Points for a travel booking? No. All Membership Rewards program redemptions are considered permanent and cannot be converted back into your account.
14. What if I need to change my itinerary after using Membership Rewards Pay with Points for a travel booking? You can make changes to your itinerary according to the terms and conditions of the supplier of the travel, for example, the airline or hotel. All Membership Rewards redemptions are considered permanent.
15. Can I use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for travel bookings on any other sites? No. You can use Pay with Points at the time of travel booking only at the American Express. Card members can call us at anytime..
16. Can I book travel for someone other than myself using Membership Rewards Pay with Points? Yes. After reviewing your trip itinerary, enter the correct passenger information. As long as you’ve logged in using your own User ID and Password, you’ll see your American Express Card and Membership Rewards account information on the checkout page.
17. What if I don’t have enough Membership Rewards points to use Pay with Points for an entire travel itinerary? You can still use Pay with Points toward your travel booking. Select the amount of points you would like to redeem on the checkout page of the site and pay the balance, if there is one, with your Card.
18. What if I want to use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for only part of my travel booking? On the checkout page for your travel selection, choose the option to pay for part of the travel using Membership Rewards Pay with Points instead of the option to pay for the full travel with Membership Rewards Pay with Points.
19. How can I learn more about the Membership Rewards Program? Please visit the Membership Rewards program website at americanexpress.com/rewards.
For More information on the Pay with Points Program Click Here